From: Openerp-community
[mailto:openerp-community-bounces+fhe=openerp.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Oscar Alca
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 11:02 AM
To: Romain Deheele
Cc: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-community] translation problematic

I faced the same problem, in my point of view I consider this a tricky issue
and as it is, it needs a tricky solution, what I did was to create a single
module that inherits all views that required a new term string, copied the
original field  declaration and replaced by one on my inherited view. ie:

Original field declaration of project_id on task  form view:

<field name="project_id" on_change="onchange_project(project_id)"
context="{'default_use_tasks':1}"/>

Replaced by:

<field name="project_id" on_change="onchange_project(project_id)"
context="{'default_use_tasks':1}" string="whateveryourcustomerwants"/>

notice that the replacement keeps all features of the original field
declaration, so doing it this way you just add a new inheritance or a new
field declaration for every  term you need to be relabeled.

I dont know if this is a best practice but it works bug free.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Romain Deheele