Re: OpenERP CMS: How is server separation implemented?

Dear all,

Just wanna give my input here. First of all, this new feature is amazing
and will serve lot's of business use cases in various area (like event,
ecommerce, hiring stuff and more).

For lot's of people, this new feature is a revolution, and I'm strongly in
favor of it. But, let's keep our head cool. If you're not ruling a small
company, then:

 * When you're facing hundreds of orders a days and thousands visitors,
you'll not succeed to have it all in one instance. Imagine, who will block
his operation because they have too much click on their front-end ? Fors
that reason (and security if you matter about), you'll prefer 2 servers.

 * base_synchro is clearely not an option to separate 2 OpenERP servers.
It's has simply been abandoned by OpenERP for good reasons IMO (bad design,
to many troubles in real uses cases, no atomic transaction to inappropriate
to sync ERP datas).

* This included ecommerce is a great step forward and people will love it.
But other e-commerce platform (like Magento, Prestashop and lot's of
others) have years of experience and devs behind them. They provide lot's
of advance products, sales and scaling features that you will not found in
OpenERP E-commerce yet.

* In case you're running a important e-commerce solution, I think you will
definitely keep 2 tools and use a connector in-between (like
https://code.launchpad.net/openerp-connector)

For others purposes, like HR & recruitment, events publication and more,
this new feature is clearly a big advantage. It will also serve small
companies for their first e-commerce experience and that's great ! This is
also a first step in the direction of having one tools to rules front and
back end together. But I cannot reasonably imagine it's viable for middle
to large companies currently.

Those was my little though here. See the enormous progress, but keep an
objective view :)

Regards,

Joël