Re: OpenERP CMS & eCommerce

2014-01-28 Mantavya Gajjar <mga@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> - If we do one RSS it will push lots of information sometime people may
> not want
> - Its not good idea to publish everything in a single RSS, We need to
> separate all those information it means we need a complex mechanism to
> maintain the different RSS List
> - Again maintain those Open and Closes RSS from security perspectives

Sorry I think I am confusing people.

Friend. If the rss is generic you will be able to show only public
information in a pre-built xml that all.

And yes but i.e: without rss in all models in a generic way (when i say all
models I mean models which explicitaly we tell "build a rss feed") we will
need to reimplement in ir.ui.view (to see new pages) in product.product (to
see new public products) in events (to see new events) in blogs (to see new
blogs)

In every single object you need to build in server side the XML that will
be published, i.e: body is the concatenation of date + name + first 2 chars
of description.

Without a correct approach of this it can become in a "Do it in your way"
feature which can bring a lot of performance problems.

Even the most simple cms  have this feature embeded, in drupal for example
every "content type" generate them rss.

So, as we have a content based on models "not in content type" in one place
you make some "Public information" available already (because your model
have the correct ACL) and in other place (may be the same model) you just
"build" the rss trought jinja2 or qweb may be.

I don't understand really why it is too difficult to understand:

1.- rss is necesary (I think both are agree here).
2.- Every "Public Model" needs a feed to follow.

If we don't think in this way, you will build a "wired " feature to blogs
only, making you re-write again when you see we are right, or "worst" as it
is unuseful you take off for v9 because you "think" it is not good enought
(it happen)

Regards.

--
--------------------