Re: v8 OCB

On 02/25/2014 03:02 PM, Raphael Valyi wrote:
> Hello Stefan
>
> Then eventually, in a pure Launchpad scenario, may be the easiest
> would be have an automated replica of OCB v7 back into the main
> official project (using automatic replay script that won't fail
> because it's just a replica of OCB v7).
>
> And then we could merge both from that OCB v7 replica in official
> project AND from official v8. Merging from branches both inside the
> same official project would make merging possible.

Hi Raphael,

Not sure I follow you there about impossible merges. If on my part, I
was unclear about the initiation of the 8.0 branch: I have in mind that
we start out with a custom replay of the OCB-specific changes in 7.0 to
a fresh branch of OpenERP 8.0, taking into account which related bugs
have already been fixed in current trunk. This would be just during the
kick off, not a continuous process. After that moment, any OCB specific
changes to 7.0 would have to fend for themselves to get in OCB 8.0.

Cheers,
Stefan.