Re: Could oca adopt report_webkit before v8

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Fabien Pinckaers <fp@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Hello Fabien,
> > that's cool to hear you may change your mind a few things you announced.
> > But tell us, that would of course never apply to the established
> > licenses under which all the contributions were made of course?
> > Even in case of emergency plan right? We have your word right?
>
> Copy/paste from one of my latest blog:
>
>   We removed the words "Open" and "ERP" from our name. But Odoo is and
>   always will be fully open source. Our open source business model is
>   unchanged. Our commitment to an open software and community remains.
>   And it's the same for ERP; Odoo's key priorities are still management
>   applications like accounting, project management, crm, inventory, etc.
>

> You guys are bothering me. After so many years, you still see the devil
> in every move...
>
> There are only a very few companies in the world like us, with a so
> strong open source commitment. After 8 years, you still think we have
> hidden agendas. I don't know how I can explain it better...

So i can support you in this, from 4.0 (when i com from) all changes in
web, deprecated gtk, SaaS model gives somes scary to people but you keeps
AGPL, thanks for that and all moves to get a better platform now.

About report_webkit its a fast-fast move BTW hoping new engine gives the
best,

Regards !