Re: Best temporary practice for v8 OCA modules before a decision is taken

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Joël Grand-Guillaume <
joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tend to think that if you create you own branch, not sure you can then
> make a pull request on the official branch because the parent will not be
> the same... But I'm not sure. In the worst case, you can always re-branch /
> patch / submit pull request...
>

> So, IMO, the best way would be to wait the creation of the branches on
> github before starting. It should be done this week or the next for the
> most urgent one.

+1

As I understand it, a very important and precious resource for mirroring
will be the mapping between bzr and git commit ids. If you create your own
branch on git before the official one is created with the mirroring script,
you will have to recreate your PR / MP from patches.

FWIW, git-bzr-ng stores such a mapping in .git/bzr/map/

-sbi