Re: OCA: transition from Launchpad to Github

On 06/24/2014 07:19 PM, Lorenzo Battistini wrote:
> On 06/24/2014 11:18 AM, Guewen Baconnier wrote:
>> The existing merge proposals in progress:
>> The authors of the MP will have to move them to GitHub themselves if
>> they are not merged before the switch.
>> For sure, that's not nice to have to move them, but keeping the branches
>> on Launchpad for this reason would be shooting ourselves in the
>> foot because the merge proposals are rather short-term, while the reason
>> quoted above are for the long term. Also, the migration work will be
>> shared among all the contributors so it will not be so dreadful
>
> I agree on moving existing OCA branches to GitHub.
>
> Which tool do you plan to use to convert branches from bzr to git?
> We'd better use the same to move branches of our MPs.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

We'll use git-remote-bzr. And exactly, this tool will be useful for
everyone to move the MPs.

Here is a simple test I made:

https://github.com/OCA/maintainers-tools/wiki/Migration-Launchpad-%E2%86%92-GitHub#using-httpsgithubcomfelipecgit-remote-bzr

This is as simple as giving a bzr url to git clone (or git remote add).
Then, git will work as if it was a git repository. And 2 git clone on
the same bzr branch will give the same SHAs (according to my tests).

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer

Camptocamp SA