Re: OCA repositories naming convention

Hello Yannick,

Only the owners of the OCA's project on GitHub (so the Board's
members) have the rights to rename the repositories.
Renaming a repository implies to:
 - rename it on GitHub
 - change the link on odoo-community.org
 - change the mapping for the migration

But you are right, we must do it right now when nobody is using them yet.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Yannick Vaucher
<yannick.vaucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello dear community,
>
> I think we could take the opportunity to improve a bit our oca github
> repositories by renaming some of them to make them to fix some
> inconsistencies.
>
> For exemple, branch for reports are named report or reports
> I would suggest that as for 'tools' we use plural for reports
>
> account-financial-report >> account-financial-reports
> account-invoice-report >> account-invoice-reports
> sale-reports
> stock-logistic-report >> stock-logistic-reports
> manufacture-reports

+1
Also, logistics takes a final 's':
stock-logistics-warehouse
stock-logistics-tracking
stock-logistics-reports
stock-logistics-flows
stock-logistics-barcode

> An other one is for management. Sometimes it is mgmt and sometimes
> management.
> My suggestion, use always mgmt instead of management.
> Other question is this term always necessary ?

+1
I would not be against the removal of -mgmt:
contract
commission
department

> contract-management >> contract-mgmt
> commission-mgmt
> crm-mgmt
> department-mgmt
> edition-mgmt >> *
> hotel-management-system >> *
> hr-mgmt
> manufacture-mgmt >> manufacture ?
> mgmtsystem >> mgmt-system
> partner-contact-management >> partner-contact-mgmt
> program-mgmt
> rma-mgmt
> travel-mgmt >> *
>
> (*) see bellow vertical integration
>

> Is "addons" necessary? We knows those branches are for addons right?
>
> e-commerce-addons >> e-commerce
> geospatial-addons >> geospatial
> knowledge-addons >> knowledge
> banking-addons >> banking
> ngo-addons >> *
> web-addons

+ 1 to remove -addons

> (*) see bellow vertical integration
>

> * Vertical Integrations
> Shouldn't we keep a keyword for vertical integration branches?
> to mean it aims a complete solution, we could add odoo before it
>
> hotel-management-system >> odoo-hotel
> construction >> odoo-construction
> medical >> odoo-medical
> isp >> odoo-isp