Re: OCA repositories naming convention

Hi,

This is not a "light" topic.... I agree of the need, and suggest the
following rules:

 * Never put "odoo-" as repo name => this way, we have a github address
like : git@xxxxxxxxxx:OCA/connector.git and not
git@xxxxxxxxxx:OCA/odoo-connector.git
=> We all know that modules we make is about Odoo, no need to repeat that
in the name. Moreover, if they change the name again, no more extra-work
for us ;)
E.g. odoo-travel must be just "travel" or in this case, because it's
vertial : "vertical-travel".

 * The word "logistic" is renamed everywhere with "logistics"
e.g. E.g. "stock-logistic-tracking" must be "stock-logistics-tracking"

 * We do remove the mgmt or management everywhere. It makes it simplier to
read and use and what matter here is the subject. The exception is for
https://github.com/OCA/mgmtsystem that stay like this as it correspond to a
reality
e.g. "department-mgmt" become "department".

 * Remove "addons" prefix or suffix everywhere. We know it's about addons.
e.g. "banking-addons" -> "banking"

 * All PSC referenced as Vertical here :
http://odoo-community.org/page/website.List are prefixed with "vertical-"
so if we type vertical in the search on Github, we can have all available
verbalization at a glance. e.g. "isp" become "vertical-isp" and
"ngo-addons" become "vertical-ngo"

 * The same for localization (here again:
http://odoo-community.org/page/website.List). We prefix them all with
"local-" so typing local will show all available one. e.g. "france" become
"local-france"

 * All connector are already prefixed with "connector" so i'ts ok.

 * For all others, verify that the first name is the name of the main Odoo
official module like "product-kitting" or "sale-wkfl".

TODO on every rennamed repo (as Guewen pointed out) :

 - rename it on GitHub
 - change the link on odoo-community.org
 - change the mapping for the migration

Anybody want to make all the work. Honestly we're running low on resources
and already give our best to build all of this...

Anybody that can give time here can answer here and take contact with
Guewen.

Thanks

Regards,

Joël