Re: OCA repositories naming convention

Yannick,

Ok, you're right.

Logistic, logistics, ... not easy to guess

Most of us are not semantic expert.

The simplest could be the better,

If a non expert, like me, define the name of a new repository, singular and
plural form could come back again in few months
 It's just an opinion

Thanks

David BEAL
Akretion

> David,
>
> Guewen seems right on logistics.
> Logistics not logistic if you want to talk about stock management.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistics
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic
>

> For reports I proposed the most used version though I'm not against
> removing plurals would make things simple.
>
> Cheers,
>
> PS: res_groups as well :-/
>

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:28 PM, David Beal <david.beal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guewen and all,
>>
>> +1 to have better names
>>
>> +1 to remove management/mgmt and addons
>>
>> But Guewen say :
>>

>> Also, logistics takes a final 's':
>>> stock-logistics-warehouse
>>> stock-logistics-tracking
>>> stock-logistics-reports
>>> stock-logistics-flows
>>> stock-logistics-barcode
>>

>> 1/ I don't think we must add 's' to  logistic.
>> May be i'm wrong but isn't it 'report' of logistic kind (or
>> stock-logistic type), then report must be plural but not logistic.
>> If plural must be define could be
>> stock-logistic-warehouses
>> stock-logistic-flows
>>
>> 2/ in fact isn't it easier to avoid plural : all concept in the
>> repository are 'collection of' (warehouse, report, partner, etc)
>> In a database table name have no plural (except res_users ;'-( )
>>

>> David BEAL
>> Akretion
>> Odoo Development - Integration
>> +33 (0)6 67 22 86 89
>> +33 (0)4 82 53 84 60

>> guewen.baconnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>>  Hello Yannick,
>>>
>>> Only the owners of the OCA's project on GitHub (so the Board's
>>> members) have the rights to rename the repositories.
>>> Renaming a repository implies to:
>>>  - rename it on GitHub
>>>  - change the link on odoo-community.org
>>>  - change the mapping for the migration
>>>
>>> But you are right, we must do it right now when nobody is using them yet.

>>> +1
>>> Also, logistics takes a final 's':
>>> stock-logistics-warehouse
>>> stock-logistics-tracking
>>> stock-logistics-reports
>>> stock-logistics-flows
>>> stock-logistics-barcode

>>> +1
>>> I would not be against the removal of -mgmt:
>>> contract
>>> commission