Re: 8.0 branch for l10n-italy

On 07/17/2014 11:43 PM, Holger Brunn wrote:
I think we can have a master branch indeed where the development of the
next version is regularly converged when it's stable enough. BUT, we can
set up the repo so that 8.0 is the 'focus' branch and hence it's what is
shown by default and noobs doing a git clone without options and doing PR
will be done against 8.0 then.
Wouldn't that 'focus' setting be enough?
some projects that have stuff for 8.0 going ditched the master branch and
actually set 8.0 to leading/focus whatever makes it the thing you see on
github and the branch you get first when you clone naively.

That's what the branch 'default' setting does.

About deletion of master branch: in the past, as far as I remember, we have never had the need to use a master/trunk branch to develop modules for the future version of odoo, except when the new version was about to be released. Nevertheless, like Pedro, I think keeping now a master branch will just force us to keep it up to date with 8.0, while probably nobody will be using it.

So I'm in favour of deleting the master branch. When someone will need it, they will ask :-)

--
Lorenzo Battistini
Tel (CH): +41 91 210 23 40