Re: Buildout recipe 1.8.5 is around the corner

On 07/25/2014 11:16 AM, Lorenzo Battistini wrote:
> On 07/25/2014 12:40 AM, Georges Racinet wrote:
>> Well, would collective.recipe.cmd fit your use-cases enough ?
>
> Hello,
> we use collective.recipe.patch
> <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/collective.recipe.patch> for launchpad
> patches (downloaded by the MP diff) and cp.recipe.cmd
> <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cp.recipe.cmd> (collective.recipe.cmd
> seems to be better, I didn't know there were several) for github
> patches, using hub <https://hub.github.com/> and the command
> /hub am -3 https://github.com/OCA/web/pull/22/

Interesting, thank you !
Noticing that git can be aliased to hub and then have a version string
that the openerp recipe would not parse (this parsing has been
introduced yesterday in trunk version only)

> Commits from 'hub am' are correctly applied because we always specify
> the commit hash of every git branch we use.
in the buildout configuration, I suppose ? The freeze and release
features would still take the patching as a local modification and
refuse to proceed, so I suppose also that you don't use it.

On a side note, what if the commit you're referring by its hash disappears ?

Cheers,

--
Georges Racinet
Anybox SAS, http://anybox.fr