Re: Licenses guidelines for OCA modules

On 01/05/2015 06:09 AM, Yannick Vaucher wrote:
> Most developers dislike redundancy, thus, all are tempted to reduce
> the size of source code by reducing or completly removing redundant
> license from source files. [1]
[snip]
> To be said I'm completely against removing completely the header I
> think a minimal copyright must be present in each source file to be
> read by the one who opens the file.
Suggestion: switch to the SPDX notation on as the license note in the
header of the files. This achieves minimal footprint in a machine and
human recognizable format using a standard format (for some definition
of standard).

Random(ish) example: cmd_fdt.c
<http://git.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=common/cmd_fdt.c;h=dc59fab8280dc57f0ae546ad552215dea0d99774;hb=HEAD>