Re: Licenses guidelines for OCA modules

I think you see it not so simple. The basic shipment unit of code is
always a file. Not a module nor a git repositories.
And if you can have modules with libs include with other license you
want pretty see the kind of each class.
So we don't need not to reinvent the wheel. Just stick to GNU best
practice. In practice not all author are listed only initial author and
ongoing maintainer.

Having correct header seems sometimes annoying but all this license
stuff keeps our rights.
So i prefer, to be more patient that contributing only with right
headers are merged and we stick on best practice. Maybe we have a
template witch is already PEP8 compatible.

Kind Regards
Markus

On 05.01.2015 16:29, Paul Catinean wrote:
> Also agree to option b. Not to mention that if there should be an update
> to license it must be done in each and every .py file which is kind of
> nonsense and very impractical
>
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Leonardo "LeartS" Donelli
> <learts92@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:learts92@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I agree with Pedro. Copyright notices are bad/useless
>
>      - Often outdated and incorrect (because copy pasted without
>     modifications, for example)
>      - Don't (can't) reflect the complicated situation of OCA modules
>     autorship/contributions
>      - useless from a legal point (see:
>     http://hackerboss.com/get-rid-of-templates/), copyright is implied by
>     autorship (which is better determined using git) and does not need to
>     be explicitly declared.
>
>     Regarding the LICENSE, despite what the FSF says, I think than putting
>     it in a LICENSE file is enough for all practical and theoretical
>     purposes. Just look at some big open source projects source code.
>
>     A nice read:
>     http://softwarefreedom.org/resources/2012/ManagingCopyrightInformation.html

Dipl.-Comp.-Math. Markus Schneider
Softwareentwickler

initOS GmbH & Co. KG
An der Eisenbahn 1
21224 Rosengarten

Mobil:   +49 (0)172 2303699
Phone:   +49 (0)4105 5615613
Fax:     +49 (0)4105 5615610

Email:   markus.schneider@xxxxxxxxxx
Web:     http://www.initos.com

Geschäftsführung:
Dipl. Wirt.-Inf. Frederik Kramer & Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Torsten Francke
Haftende Gesellschafterin: initOS Verwaltungs GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Rosengarten – Klecken
Amtsgericht Tostedt, HRA 201840
USt-IdNr: DE 275698169
Steuer-Nr: 15/205/21402