Re: accounting requirements

Hello.

i think, this subject must be discussed on openerp-localizaton-experts
currenttly only 3 localization are well documented and used like
localizations itself, Brazil, Spain and Venezuela, here in Venezuela IOHO we
think there are a lot of generical accounting features that should be easyly
availables in the core, but we need to build the especifics blueprint first,
because without write specific needs will be so dificult to OpénERP SA begin
this developments.

Let me give one Example:

- Cost management:
The accounting module must have the methods and functions that make the load
of these values only, by localizaton this actions should be "callables" by
only a line of code, in this way the account module validate the generical
stuff:
IE.: not load ammount in view accounts.
Cost must be loaded in Stock Accounts and not in payables accounts!
Etc...

Obviously this example and explanation of 3 lines is not enough to develop
all a module we need to build extensive and well explained blueprints.....

can we do this friends????

We think is so important....

Like first Step, we think we need to begin making a little compilation of
all blueprints related with this point and put availables on
openerp-localization-experts list....

2010/3/9 Davide Corio <davide.corio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Il giorno mar, 09/03/2010 alle 12.17 +0100, Ferdinand Gassauer ha
> scritto:
> > laws and "good practice"
>
> Of course!
>
> > Please can you give some reasons for "unusable" - just to understand a
> > bit better
>
> "unusable" means that, apart from the very basic (double entry
> management), there's a lot of missing features that are mandatory here
> in italy, as well as expected from the customers, which are included in
> every cheap accounting software.
>
> Unfortunately, this amount of missing features is huge for us (eg: vat
> registries, petty cash management, electronic payments, electronic
> invoicing).
>
> Nothing too much complex to develop. But it will just takes time.
>
> > It's a good first step.
> >
> > It looks like that the accounting modules will have to be more
> > localized.
> >
> > For this we need a robust and easy to modify accounting_base module
> >
> > see also
> >
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+spec/code-refactor-for-better-extensibility
>
> Exactly,
> having "hooks" to easily plug-in electronic
> reconciliation/payments/invoicing as well as others specific needs would
> help everybody a lot.
>
> --
> Davide Corio
> email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com