Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines

Am Freitag 23 April 2010 10:45:42 schrieb Borja López Soilán (Pexego):

IMHO we should try hide the "formal" closing issue from users and OpenERP.
The "closing" is more a process which starts with the first day of the new
year (bank, cash accounts), and continues while receiving (and sending)
invoices usually during the first month of the new year and ends with
completing the balance (here maximum 5 month after the end of the year)

so after every move in the past fiscal year someone would have to "close" the
old fiscal year to get correct sums. - IMHO not a very user friendly approach.

I have extended the computation of balances to show always the correct balance
of all unclosed periods. I'll still have to test, but it looks very promising.

Result
* no intermediate closing necessary,
* closing is done once every thing is done.

I'll publish the code soon.

--
Best Regards

ChriCar Beteiligungs- und Beratungs- GmbH
http://www.chricar.at/ChriCar/index.html
Dr. Ferdinand Gassauer
Official Tiny Partner