Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Humberto Arocha escribió:
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+spec/calculate-opening-balance-for-opening-entries-in-account-voucher>

Even I came to realize that something I was pointing out to Borja in the recent bug posted was really pointing out account_account so It seems account_account needs some fixes regarding the things you point out here and the ones we are pointing out above,

The problem is not just the account_account (ok, the __calculate method needs to be improved in some ways), but the accounting reports:

   * Some reports give you the option to filter by period or date:
         o If you just use special periods to mark the opening&closing
           moves, it is enough for you.
         o If you use situation journals (as Humberto and Nhomar) to
           mark the opening&closing moves... it just don't work.

   * But some reports (like the "Chart of accounts" tree view wizard)
     just let you select the fiscal year:
         o If you don't make closing moves at the end of the year, just
           opening moves, then it mostly works for you: you just don't
           know what the initial balance was, but the final balance is
           alright.
         o If you make closing moves 'the Spanish way' (doing a move
           that sets everything to 0), that report is not useful
           anymore (it just shows 0!). There is no way to see the
           "balance before closing".

We have two options:

   * All the reports should let you filter by periods/date *and*
     journals => You can use either special periods or situation
     journals for the opening and closing moves.
   * All the reports should let you filter by periods/date => You need
     to use special periods for the opening and closing moves (though
     that moves may also be on a situation journal).

--
Borja López Soilán
borjals@xxxxxxxxx

Pexego Sistemas Informáticos S.L.
Avenida de Magoi 66 - 27002 Lugo (España)
Tel./Fax 982801517
http://www.pexego.es