Re: Closing of fiscal year, draft and valid move_lines - some more thoughts about special periods

Hello Guys.

We understand this right now thanks. It is so clear that with special
periods is the solution to work with this modules/improvements.

Our arguments are more related to the fact of: If the concept already exist,
and is well, why improve something than deep like the Opening/Closing
procedure?, for us is only a point of view, don't you think if the oiginal
concept used is well and so generic it should be easy to adopt for more
people with your modules???.

I mean:
Opening/closing information in concept are "special" moves organized in an
"special way" (Journals).
Periods are the way that the people divide the fiscal year in times,

IMHO - When i said "conceptual periods", and not "real periods" we were
trying to explain that a fiscal year can have several journals to organize
several moves... and two will be special "Journal of type situation in the
first period and last period " and this in conecpt is well, but a year has
12 periods or 24 periods or 4 periods I mean real periods without
overlapping.... It maybe is easiest to understand, We know this for your
great improvements should be a "wishlist", We aren't telling that your
concept is wrong "It works" we are telling that the original is better only.

BTW - This improve works from a reporting point of view better that the
original one, but the reason is because the original reports aren't well
implemented in the reports calcs and we think these reports _must_ be
improved, not create a new module concept.....

@Borja:
[[The "closing period" is a pretty straightforward concept and widely used
here: Most spanish accounting programs have special periods (like having 13
or more months per fiscal year, so you would use the 13th for closing moves;
this way you can print a report at the end of the year [month 12] or after
the closing [month 13]). So that 'conceptual' period, is a real tool
accountants were using before OpenERP.]]

Here in Venezuela too!!, and we always tried to say to the programers that
it was wrong, but how this are closed programs, we were unable to make
something about that, thanks God exists OpenERP right now ;-). In the past
this programs rules the market, in the future we should be braker rules ;-)

BTW we will work in this way you explain for now but we really think that is
prettiest a well fundamented concept that an easy way to jump a simple
principle.... ;-)

We want help to improve this two options in a configurable way, are you
agree with that??

Conclusion: We will use special period for now ;-)

IOH: When Humberto explains this
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/569216 other concept that
is not implemented by now is the "before Balance"

In this bug we talk about Opening Balance and Current period balance, but
there are a third information that should be considered. I mean....

Opening balance: Is clear what it is.
Before balance: balance for an account_account exactly before the period to
make the analysis.
Actual balance: Balance in the period to study.

If I _don't include_ the opening balance (Because I want to evaluate Fiscal
Periods Independently)

First Period "Before Balance" is 0,
Second period "Before balance" is the balance For the first one. and this
way successively

If I _include_ the opening balance

First Period "Before Balance" is equal to "Opening balance",
Second period "Before balance" is the balance For the first one more that
"Opening balance". and this way successively

In the IFRS - NIC and a lot of other standards this three concepts are in a
separate fields, and you in several cases will need to print this three
values toghether or in separate way.....

What do you think about that??

We can work in this concepts too!?

Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.