Re: signing of pdf's

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Carlos Liébana <carlos.liebana@xxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Really? In Spain, the API (only Java L ) is OpenSource, I think it was
> one of the requirements for each UE country. There is also no need to sent
> it to anybody, the JAVA Api helps to build easily signed invoices, but we
> can make it from OpenERP also and then validate with the XSD provided. More
> theory behind this of course (different types of signed documents depending
> on the specifications versions, 3 ways of delivering the invoice…) but this
> is how it should work.

Just a precision, in Brazil the API is open source too. Now, the only 2
usable implementations are Java closed source (though decompilable). The API
isn't trivial at all to re-implement (at least 10 000 lines of Python
required, not to say SOAP + Python + authentication can be a nightmare). I
bet this is rather on purpose (to protect monopolies) rather than pure
stupidity.

Raphaël Valyi
Founder and ERP Consultant
+55 21 3010 9965