Re: Reverse accounting entriescancelling invoices

On Saturday, August 28, 2010 09:22:43 am Grzegorz Grzelak wrote:
> >@Borja. - @ovnicraft
> >

> >Create a refund document as openerp trunk is doing now, is confuse for
> >user how you can identify with __really__ refunds and the state in
> >invoice when cancel it >pass to Paid what is completely wrong it must pas
> >to Cancelled.
>
> Hello. Few words from other country (PL):
> When I was learning refund wizard (not in trunk) it was totally confused to
> see "Cancel invoice" button. It works correctly as refund process but in
> Poland we say for such function "Refund to 0" (we never say cancel). Maybe
> we should name the button "Refund to Cancel" or "Cancelling by Refund".
> And for me it should stay as it is.
>
> Concerning cancellation of invoice with cancellation of its entries. I also
> hear from acountant people that till invoice is not sent out of issuing
> company the invoice can be fixed or deleted.
This is a critical issue

once an invoice is posted it MUST  NOT be simply deleted or canceled.
we have "Allow cancelling" in every journal.

IMHO a posted  invoice which gets canceld must generate reverse postings in
accounting.
and the cancelling process should get a date, a user id and a reason.
another problem are gaps in the numbering.
so deleting of invoices or what so ever should never be allowed.

just because in the meantime someone else may have looked/printed the account.

I have always a bad feeling if cancelling and especially altering of data is
allowed without logging. but for this we have a module audittrail.

and if something is not clear, the client will ask the partner for help.
it is already bad enough that we do not have a tool to see inactiv resources!

--
best regards
Ferdinand Gassauer