Re: Multi-company is broken

A Dijous, 24 de febrer de 2011 08:36:58, Davide Corio va escriure:
> Il 24/02/2011 03:43, Albert Cervera i Areny ha scritto:
> > OpenERP v6 was supposed to provide multi-company support, but that's not
> > what I see after a first look. I've already reported 4 bugs [1] and just
> > spent a couple of hours taking a look at it.
>
> Multi-company works fine if you have a lot of time to spend in
> understanting how record rules work in this case.
>
> We are using multicompany on v6 for many customers and it seems to work
> quite as expected.
>
> with "quite" i mean that the user has to change the company from his
> preferences every time he need to switch the company.
> (we "hacked" the web client and placed a select box on the web client
> header which allows the user to switch the company and that clears the
> cache once switched).
>
> apart from this, you just need to manually "clone" everything.
> Sequences...warehouses...locations...
>
> The first time, we have spent about 2 weeks in order to understand how
> multicompany works in openerp and manage it working properly.
>
> Btw...i think that openerp needs a wizard that takes care of all the mc
> configurations we are doing manually at the moment.

Thank you for your feedback Davide. Fortunately it seems I was wrong with bug
[1]. Sorry about the noise.

However, I still see issues there because one is able to create an invoice for
a customer that is assigned to another company.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/724066