Re: Bug or feature: "Pay" button in invoice

Dear David,

Maybe I did express very well.

> If you use the pay button the whole payment process is carried out in
> one step.

The problem is not the button, it is that clicking on the button letters
and thus makes bank statement reconciliation impossible.

Without a bank statement reconciliation, an accounting software can be
declared illegal. The process of accounting (in one sentence) is to
register sales, purchases and then reconcile using bank statement.

Without bank statement, there is no accounting. It is as simple as that.

> Bank statement is for use with, as an example, payment export, where
> the payment is not booked as part of the process.

IMHO, this is not the way accounting works. Accounting carries is a
series of processes to make sure that accounts are "true".

> If I have a customer that never use the simple pay button (smaller
> companies) I would consider removing it.

There are two payment processes in the same OpenERP area:
* "Pay" button in the invoice.
* "Pay" lines in clients and suppliers.

The "Pay" button letters entries and thus makes it impossible to
reconcile.
The "Pay" lines work perfectly.

Why not allow to use the "Pay" button without lettering entries? Both
features would work the same way.

Kind regards,
Kellogs