Re: Banking Framework - What is the openERP position?

On Saturday, 2 June 2012, Stefan Rijnhart wrote:

>  On 06/01/2012 09:42 PM, Alexis de Lattre wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> The account_banking framework has a similar pluggable solution for payment
> orders like it has for statement file import, based on the standard
> account_payment module. It consists of a selectable wizard depending on the
> desired payment order format plus the additional workflow logic. See the
> account_banking_nl_clieop module for an example.
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan.

I agree that the core of account_banking is very good in that it allows
plug-in modules for each bank. However the basic module has grown over the
years and I think that it is doing too much. I think that it should just be
a framework to allow others to write bank-specific plugin modules. For
example, the HSBC plugin module generates PAYMUL payment files and imports
MT940 statement files (the HSBC-version of these formats).

Right now account-banking includes code to do manual and automated
matching, generate journals. I think it would be better to use the standard
OpenERP statement functionality for manual matching and generating
journals. This would give us a much leaner and focused core module.

We could then add functionality for all banks and formats that we want by
writing third-party plugin modules eg. for SEPA, HSBC, Paypal etc. We could
also have the invoice matching functionality as a third-party module - this
should be a configurable rule-based system, not with hard coded rules.

James