Re: Banking Framework - What is the openERP position?

On 06/02/2012 12:30 PM, James Jesudason wrote:

Right now account-banking includes code to do manual and automated matching, generate journals. I think it would be better to use the standard OpenERP statement functionality for manual matching and generating journals. This would give us a much leaner and focused core module.

We could then add functionality for all banks and formats that we want by writing third-party plugin modules eg. for SEPA, HSBC, Paypal etc. We could also have the invoice matching functionality as a third-party module - this should be a configurable rule-based system, not with hard coded rules.

Hi James,

even if Fabien is not interested, we can always discuss these options in the Banking Addons community project.

Cheers,
Stefan.

--
Therp - Maatwerk in open ontwikkeling

Stefan Rijnhart - Ontwerp en implementatie

mail: stefan@xxxxxxxx
tel: +31 (0) 614478606
http://therp.nl
https://twitter.com/therp_stefan