Re: wide tables: res.partner

On Friday 09 July 2010 P. Christeas wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2010, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
>
> > look at product_product
> > it's not possible to sort the tree view by product_template.name - it's
> > absolutely user UNfriendly and useless to display 80 random products when
> > opening the product list -
> > I suggested long ago that the server should not output any data if the
> >  result is (much) bigger than the "limit" for the table.
> > A huge usability ad performance issue.....
> >

> Isn't that already addressed in v6, with those tree forms that only fetch
> results after the search button is pressed?
IMHO not or not completely
AFAICS opening a form (tree) arbitrary rows are displayed on the initial
screen
look at trunk products - unsorted list (neither sorted by code not by name nor
by category + name which IMHO is the desirable sort for products - every other
product catalog I know is ordered this way.
even after selecting a category the result is not sorted -
and it is possible to sort by code but (currently) not by name - which I
assume is a bug

./openobject-addons revno: 3909
./openobject-server revno: 2452
./openobject-client revno: 1362