Re: do we really need lp:openobject-addons/extra-6.0 and lp:openobject-addons/extra-trunk ? IMHO: NO

On Wednesday 09 February 2011, you wrote:
> Also an other problem of multiplying the branches is that currently we have
> no tool to port the bzr history when porting a module from one branch to
> annother, this is not encouraging contributors to use those branchs as the
> history of who made what is likely to be lost when switching to the new
> branch, this also looses lot's of useful meta-information about why line X
> is this way where you  could know that with bzr-annotate if history was
> here...
That's typical short-comings of svn [1]

> I cannot really imagine re-download 4 branches at all my customer
> deployments and then re-apply the production patches manually...
> Anything better?

I wouldn't ever install VCS-related versions at any production site. End users
are not developers.

3 years ago, when I first started with OpenERP (and considered it for a
customer), the first thing I ever did was to correct this situation: use proper
version controlling and then build packages through a formalized procedure[2].
So, in my case, the above problem is solved, long ago.

[1] and any other VCS that you use as if it were svn ;) .
[2] for that customer, that was a requirement too.

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!