Re: on code style homogenisation...

Le 17/04/2012 08:43, Valentin LAB a écrit :
Seems that it mentions (through links) the PEP8 and python zen, so everything is there !

Except it is not enforced through automatic checks (runbot, pre-commit hook), or review conventions.

And more important: if I provided some patches on the OpenERP Core that would be purely cosmetic patches, would they be reviewed and accepted ?

The coding conventions are enforced upon new contributions, and code clean-up is done when other improvements happen. It's a slow process but it works eventually: see https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/525808

Also, the API will change in a few months and a massive cleanup should occur at that time.

Now, you are most welcome to make merge proposals to improve the readability of the code. It's best if they're small focused proposals, otherwise they generate conflicts with everybody's branch. Here's and example where I did it wrong : https://code.launchpad.net/~numerigraphe/openobject-addons/trunk-tabs/+merge/84772