Re: share addon with help text in action

Hi all

If easy to use is a main target, let me propose some points to analyse:

   1. There is no way to provide rich text indications on tooltips (I hope
   they will be included in v7 as you suggest). No images, no video or
   expanded tutorials (provided by implementors, not necessary something to be
   generated by OpenERP S.A.)
   2. There is no way to store information on data base with rich text
   capabilities (no text field with rich text edition, no mail or mail
   template with rich text direct editing, inclusion of embeded images - from
   whithin OpenERP)
   3. There is no way to customize the tip based on the current record
   status
   4. In form edition, there is no way explain the user which is the use or
   purpose of the current record information. A kind of translatable help
   system would be helpfull (you can provide contents or not, but currently
   there is no way to implement it).
   5. There is no way to connect current form or tree to an OpenERP's wiki
   page, and thus allowing the users to construct, improve and expand the help
   information by themselves.
   6. There is no way to connect warnings and exception to help o wiki
   content, and thus improving the probability the warning or problem could be
   understood by the user
   7. There is no way to explain the support people what is going on (out
   of telling the whole story on the phone).
   Why there is no way to record the point where I have a problem and send
   it by mail to support people or even better, to record the incident in the
   same system?
   Why not having an internal issue tracking system (for the problems of
   the system, not external ones)?
   8. There is no easy way to interact on line (chat, google talk, or
   whatever) with some other system user to ask for help or advice.
   9. There is no way to include editable content (by external programs,
   like an Autocad or image processing), which can be stored in the database.
   You can today attach a file. But the user should copy the file, use the
   external program to work with, and then update the original attached file.
   It is from stone age, very far away from any userfriendlyness

Implementing a real ERP has a big component of user involvement and trust.
An easy to use system, a good purpose sharing tool, an easy support
communication tools will help for sure to success and low implementation
costs.

If easy to use is an actual main concern, I think it could be a good idea
to ask the community BEFORE closing the definition of the v7.
Most of the presented topics should be solved on the basic platform, which
is almost completely controlled by OpenERP S.A, specially regarding the
content of new versions, and thus the community has a relative chance to
influence on the definition.
For sure generating whishlist entries on Launchpad is the official way to
go, but the experience shows that they are almost not considered
If all the decisions about v7 are already taken, this is just another
whishlist

Best regards