Re: Making our way out from the bloated extra-addons repository

Hello,

Well unfortunately for the extra-addons extraction I proposed,
the bzr-fastimport process explained here fails much more badly:

   - Out of 8 modules to extract, only 2 were extracted
   - only 16 commits out of ~42

See https://gist.github.com/4001686 for details

So I'm continuing with the Ruby/replay script, the last version is now:
https://gist.github.com/4001400

An example on how to use it for the financial addons extraction is:
https://gist.github.com/4001449

So far there are a few bugs left, but really it works much better than
bzr-fastimport:

   - it misses no addons
   - it misses no commit
   - now what happens is that is fails to include some files when replaying
   some merges. At this stage I'm 100% sure that this is because bzr-replay
   itself is broken.

I'm investing not even using bzr-replay to doing it all using bzr revert
-r, cutting unwanted modules out and committing, step by step.

What a boring thing guys! But I want to finish that today. I don't want to
hear about extra-addons anymore!

NB: given our observations, it's highly probably that the Antony extraction
failure reported by Stefan could be due to these bzr-fastimport bugs. As
for these broken addons filtered out, may be the copyright history is less
important to keep they tend to be 100% OpenERP modules (community contribs
usually focus on fixing fixable modules instead). It means that for these
extra-addons, the big  patch of the remaining diff could be some acceptable
work-around.

Now I'll try to get it done clean for the extra-addons as it's very
important to be respectful to all these years of community hardwork and
copyrights.

Best regards.

--
Raphaël Valyi