openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: When to start the translations of v 6.0

En/na Olivier Dony ha escrit:
1) I see that server-trunk and addons-trunk has been updated their .pot
files but I can not see yet the changes in Rosetta:

https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-server/trunk/
https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/trunk/

The changes are processed by Rosetta almost in real-time and are available for the server and all modules (except a few addons for which we are still solving issues with the synchronization process). The client and web client will be updated soon too, but there are only a few terms there.

After RC1 all terms re stable, so you can safely start to update the translations. In fact, translators are much more active since the release of v6.0RC1 already.

In any case, now that translations are automatically synchronized by Launchpad, it's safe to translate at anytime, new terms will simply appear as soon as they become available, and deprecated terms will disappear. Rosetta also makes it very easy to spot any new term.

I have checked now the translatable modules in Rosetta for addons-trunk and I've not found a lot of modules that have been added recently in this commit:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk/revision/4411

For example, all the modules that their .pot file has been added in this commit, they have not yet uploaded to Rosetta (account_accountant, base_synchro, caldav, crm_caldav, html_vies, mailgate, ...). Maybe these are the few addons that you are still solving issues with the synchronization process.

I hope you are right that the other addons are synchronized and updated, we do not want to lost time translating deprecated terms.

Jordi

--
Jordi Esteve
Consultor Zikzakmedia SL