openerp-expert-localization team mailing list archive

Re: When to start the translations of v 6.0

Le 20/10/10 12:11, Jordi Esteve a écrit :
When the localization teams can start to translate the v 6.0 to exploit
better their effort?

Hello Jordi,

That's a very good point, and the short answer is: translators can start to translate right now!
The long answer is below in the text ;-)

1) I see that server-trunk and addons-trunk has been updated their .pot
files but I can not see yet the changes in Rosetta:

https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-server/trunk/
https://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/trunk/

The changes are processed by Rosetta almost in real-time and are available for the server and all modules (except a few addons for which we are still solving issues with the synchronization process). The client and web client will be updated soon too, but there are only a few terms there.

After RC1 all terms re stable, so you can safely start to update the translations. In fact, translators are much more active since the release of v6.0RC1 already.

In any case, now that translations are automatically synchronized by Launchpad, it's safe to translate at anytime, new terms will simply appear as soon as they become available, and deprecated terms will disappear. Rosetta also makes it very easy to spot any new term.

2) The gtk-client and web-client has not been updated their .pot files
recently and uploaded them to Rosetta.

This will be done soon, but web client terms are not completely stable yet.

If you really want to avoid translating even a single deprecated term, you should start with addons and server, and wait for RC2 to translate client and web client.

3) Some bugs related to translations should be resolved first:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/660494
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/660506
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/663775

These bugs will be fixed soon (and other translation bugs have been fixed too), but this does not stop anyone from starting to translate. These bugs will simply add a few new terms to translate, and if these are detected after the first translation, you will simply see them appear in the list of new terms to translate.
Thanks for reporting them by the way! :-)