openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: expected procurement date

Il giorno mar, 20/04/2010 alle 13.01 +0200, Sebastien LANGE, SYLEAM ha
scritto:
> We have 2 dates, date calculated by the ERP and date noted by the user.
> It's possible that customer ask to be delivery an another date than
> planned date of ERP.

Exactly,
i'm writing to expert-production ml mainly because that impacts on the
procurement/production flow.

if i know my customer wants to receive that goods on December, there's
no reason to start the production today.

the possibility to specify that date would allow us to delay the
production, so the procurement, so the purchase of the raw materials...

To achieve this, MRP scheduler must take care of this when computing the
automatic OPs.
At the moment, if i change the expected date of a procurement order and
i don't have enough items to satisfy the sale order, the scheduler try
to force the procurement of all the goods i have to sell on December.

I wrote a small patch for that client i can share, but i'd like to
discuss a more professional workaround here.

--
Davide Corio
email: davide.corio<at>domsense.com