openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: expected procurement date

On 20/04/10 13:27, Davide Corio wrote:
> Exactly,
> i'm writing to expert-production ml mainly because that impacts on the
> procurement/production flow.
>
> if i know my customer wants to receive that goods on December, there's
> no reason to start the production today.

In fact that's what will happen by default: the procurement for the sale
order lines is scheduled for this same planned date, computed as:

(date of s.o. confirmation + customer lead time on s.o.l.
    - company safety lead time)

And according to the 'scheduler range' that you set on the company
options the procurement scheduler will ignore procurements that are too
far in the future, which is what you want I think.

> the possibility to specify that date would allow us to delay the
> production, so the procurement, so the purchase of the raw materials...

This is possible by setting a large lead time on the s.o.l. but I agree
that this might not be very convenient to use.

> To achieve this, MRP scheduler must take care of this when computing the
> automatic OPs.
> At the moment, if i change the expected date of a procurement order and
> i don't have enough items to satisfy the sale order, the scheduler try
> to force the procurement of all the goods i have to sell on December.

Hmm, IIRC the procurement scheduler will only confirm your procurements
when they are in this scheduler range.
And the procurement should only impact the virtual stock when it is
confirmed, so your order points should not be triggered by procurements
that are too far in the future.
(This is all based on the assumption that you are not using mrp_jit,
which of course bypasses the scheduler and its range)

> I wrote a small patch for that client i can share, but i'd like to
> discuss a more professional workaround here.

Sure, I'm just trying to determine whether something fundamental is
missing in the base OpenERP logic or if it only needs some useability
improvements.

--
Olivier Dony