openerp-expert-production team mailing list archive

Re: grouped products/packs

I'm not sure that would the way to go.
I rather would use the standard "Sets/phantom" functionality in a BOM.
Create a BOM with the components
If toplevel item is set to "Sets/Phantom" then the BOM will be exploded in a pickinglist/delivery order without generating a production order. If toplevel item is set to "Normal Bom" then a productionorder is generated to produce the kit and the kit is delivered after production.

That way it is possible with standard functionality to control production versus picking on sales order in openerp itself.

Regards,
Jan