Your questions Re: OpenShot Help Manual - 3rd progress report

Bonjour Olivier,

I will answer all your questions. I will have to answer in English
because my French is not good enough yet for some of what I will say.

I will answer your questions in reverse order. I will start with your
last question.

The links at the end of our emails are because Jonathan and I are
sending our emails through the Openshot.developers list server. This is
the private email discussion list for the the OpenShot Developers team
that you have joined.

If you look at the message header for this email, you will see the Cc:
line shows the email address to send to our Openshot Developers
discussion list. Sending to this address ensures that all our team (5
peaople) will be kept informed about what is happening on our project.

About gtalk: I didn't know that you could access gtalk from Linux. I
didn't know that you could use pidgin to do it. I will have to look at
this next week so I can talk with you and Jonathan.

About the new help-manual branch on launchpad:

I will push the file system hierarchy to the help-manual branch soon. I
am building the file system for this branch so that we will be able to
automatically generate .deb package files from it at any point we like
in the development of the help manual.

I am at present writing the various control files needed to build and
install the Help Manual as a Ubuntu/Debian package. When I have tested
this to ensure it works safely, I will push this file system and the
outline stage of the manual to the help-manual branch.

Then you will be able to download the package file system and files to
your computer.

When we get to that point, we will be able to discuss with Jonathan the
best way for us to all work on this manual.

We might either have a separate help-manual-<developers-name> branch
which I can merge together at agreed intervals, or we might have an
agreed work plan of who works on what part at what time on one branch.

We can discuss this with Jonathan next week when I have the basic debian
package structure up on Launchpad.

In the meanwhile, if you practice using Docbook XML to write Gnome Help
files, and read the links on the Gnome Documentation Project which you
will find on the link I sent you, you will then understand more of what
we are going to be doing.

Tchao, Helen