Re: Help Manual Update

Jonathan

One word before. Tomorrow you can not have me for the daily, they are
working on the line so no electricity.And don't forgotten that Launchpad
will be only accessible in writing. So i have more time so in details now :)

*we have developed 2 different documents, the English help file and the
French help file.*
Initially, in my mind,  i was thinking that i was alone on (in fact both
with Helen).  One manual in the two languages that i will have traduced it
of course (and Helen will have done the "finition") but i was more easy for
me to developpe in french. :) In july, Helen has based the gnome template on
the draft that i have done in june. (if you can remember) and after on this
base i have developped the manual, inclueding  the Helen's tables for doing
a common manual.

*I see no reason why we can't include this French version and the English
version in the same documentation package. *
Initialy it was too the initial purpose (to have the same in the two
language) and prepare it for the international translation too.
So you can undestand why i was a little disapointed yesterday when i have
seen your message. And i have some positive feedback on the french ubuntu
forum (since october) and i have too found some volonteers (5) to tell me if
what part is good or not , not more developp, .....

*Ultimately, I'm sure they will evolve into a single document, with the best
elements of both... and then translated into many different languages.*
I'm going to do my screenshots and i will done what you want, it's you the
boss but we have a communication problem on this (sorry but that 's right).
Sur ce coup là on a pas été bons.

Here the actual help-manual structure (french version) :

introduction
                Presentation
                Features
To begin
                Run Openshot
                General organisation
                Openshot more near
Basic usages
                create a project
                open a project
                save a project
                the timeline
                to import clip in a project
                the themes
                duplication
                Mixing audio
                elementary operations on a file
                transitions
                effects
                previsualisation
                exportation video
                keyboards (table)
Advanced usages
                mixing audio (more )
                mask
                transitions
                effects
                clip properties
                                   general
                                   effects
                advanced mask and transitions
                frame by frame
                key-frames
                title editor
                                  features
                                  basic usage
                                  advanced utilistation  with inkscape
                exportation tables (the great work of helen)
                                 avchd & mpeg4
                                 apple fromats
                                 phone & mobile format
                                 net exportation
                                 dvd exportation
                preferences
About openshot

To finish that what i must do :
                key-frame (part)
                preferences
                effect rotation to include to the two usages
                new screenshots (clip properties, preferences, one for the
tilte editor)
                re-read all the manual and do the little corrections
                create with the tool xml2po the pot file for the english
traduction
                do the english traduction

Just for information (somethings i 'm attached at some stupid details !) in
gedit it's done 57 pages (for the moment) and he is the 2.07 version and
soon in the 2.08 version. At the end 60-65 pages and i think that the manual
is like the project new young different. :)

Now it 's more clear what do you want to do ?
we continue on this version of the manual ? we  develop the new structure  ?
we used some or all of what has been done  ?     I'll done what you want,
decide same it's nearly finished.

Waiting
Cheers
Olivier