Re: New OpenShot Developers!

Hi Richard!

Welcome to the team! My name is Olivier Girard that you know better like
Cenwen (and I am French, so sorry for my bad English).

  *| However, since you have more C experience than Python, you might be
able to help me with a big new project just announced recently:
https://lists.launchpad.net/openshot.developers/msg06433.html

.  Take a look at that link, and let me know what you think.  =)
 | My name is Richard Simmons, and my day job is programming C/C++ for
embedded devices.  I'm currently working for Broadcom in Cambidge, UK.
I also manage a custom database for my Wife's business using PHP and
Javascript.  I have no experience in Python, but I've played with the
Openshot code a bit and read up on it, and it seems to be fairly
straightforward (although annoyingly different to C in numerous ways!)*

Yep. I am thinking that your way in the team is all traced. Let fall Python
for the moment. With your knowledges, you fall down for working for the
awesone future  of Openshot. This is an huge risk but the game worth the
candle. And more people will work on it, better it will be. ^^

 |* The reason I signed up for the developers team is that I'd like to help
with the project in some way, although since the birth of my daughter I
seem to have a lot less spare time!*

We are all in the same situation because we are all some volunteers who gave
a part of their spare time (what we can and what we want) for this project.
And just like that, it is a challenge that we reach to win. At this moment,
it is a bit less than Usual for me and Andy.

We need to help too (for the others because if you are working on the new
big project, you will not have the time to do that) on Launchpad and on our
forum (helping our users), it will be a huge help for Andy, Moimael (he is
preparing his exams) and me then we could have more spare time for working
on the new features.

Don't hesitate to introduce you like Richard. ... We have not eat somebody
(not yet ^ = ^ )

Regards,

Olivier/Cenwen