Re: Next Version of OpenShot (1.4)

Hi,

>>That is a good set of ideas - there are also a number of bugs in Launchpad
with patches. These should be reviewed and applied as necessary.

Totally agree with Andy.

A openshot user have done two news effects on our forum (flippo and
Equalizor); See :
http://openshotusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=928
http://openshotusers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=860

>>As goocanvas was the last thing wich prevent us to port openshot to
gtk3/gobject introspection/gsettings (generic way to store settings with
backend for KDE, gnome(dconf and gconf) and windows(the registry)), the
1.4 release can be a good start point.

Good thing. Pygtk3 is called PyObject.

>>Oh and for the timeline theme, i think we should use clutter
possibilities (beautiful animations, fading, ...) and have only one
theme instead of changing between multiple theme which means using image
and a lot more code.

The fact to use Clutter will play more on the Motor Theme Engine rather than
on the Theme himself. No ?

Anyway, Jonathan you should intend to include him in the Framework. Ths it
will be more responsive/fast/quick and will have less code. And it is a good
idea to start to work on Clutter for replace Goocanvas. Saying that will be
finish for the next "big" release.

>>I*mprove SWIG Python bindings to MLT*
- I have learned many things about SWIG in recent days, as well as the
ability to add generic Python try/catch around all MLT method calls.  It
works great with C++, but I've never tried it with C, so no promises this
will work.  But, best case, no more "segmentation faults" from MLT that kill
the Python interpretor.  Instead, generic Python errors would be raised, and
we could handle them in some better way.

C++ is an evolution of C which brings some ++ .......Can we do something at
this level ? Is it not linked to MLT directly ?

(@Mael : et ces examens ? tu en es où ?)

Cheers.