openstack-community team mailing list archive

Re: founded first german user group

Hi Christian,

> > Here are some things we've done to get people along to your first meetups...
>
> Tristan, thank you for the input. Is there some place in wiki.openstack.org where we
> can collect such information? I think it will be very helpful for other upcoming user
> groups.

Stefano started an etherpad project here to make a User group How To guide
http://etherpad.openstack.org/OpenStackUserGroupHowto

> > Meetup.com has worked well for us, but it has a limitation that's annoying.
>
> Any other suggestions for organizing tools? We'll try meetup.com for the moment,
> but maybe there is a better way.

Meetup is the best tool (that I know of) for organizing the events in spite of the location issue.
We also use a google group alongside meetup for a mailing list.

Cheers
Tristan