Re: PPB Meeting

2011/3/29 Chuck Thier <cthier@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Likely monthly, +/- a couple of weeks :)

I think it's imperative that we

a) don't set ourselves up in a way that forces major consumers of the
code base (like Rackspace) to have to maintain a fork of the code, and
b) conversely, let other consumers of the code base benefit from
Rackspace's rapid dev/qa/production cycle.

Forcing Swift into a longer release cycle than Rackspace Cloud Files
would be counter to both of these things.

That said, I believe it's equally imperative that if this rapid
release cycle only benefits Rackspace, but is a problem for others
(not sure how, but it could happen), we need to be very open to their
needs and potentially revisit this decision.

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/