Re: PPB Meeting

It would be a problem if you start to make upgrades hard.  If someone wanted to upgrade once a year, then a monthly release cycle means that they will have to upgrade from version N to N+12.  Do you think that would work?  Is the Swift QA process good enough that it checks all upgrades from N to N+X for all X in [1, 12]?

If the answer is yes, then that's awesome.  If the answer is no, then we could alternatively think about some form of "LTS" scheme where only upgrades between LTS releases are tested / supported, a là Ubuntu.  That would work.  My concern here is with enterprises: they would like to deploy Swift internally, but they'll laugh nervously if you mention a 6-month upgrade cycle, and they'll just walk away if it's much quicker than that.

Cheers,

Ewan.