openstack-translation team mailing list archive

Re: Import professional translations

Thank you, KATO.

I have managed to upload the Italian translation, although I meet with some
issues while uploading.
It looks like Transifex did a very careful "syntax check" for the
translations.
But I don't think they are translation "errors", just similar with the "%"
issue.

Here is an example:

#: nova/exception.py:1183
#, python-format
msgid "The service from servicegroup driver %(driver) is temporarily
unavailable."
msgstr ""
"Il servizio del driver servicegroup %(driver) non è temporaranemanete
disponibile."

Transifex thinks, the character 'i' after '%(driver)' in the msgid is a
conversion specifier,
while the character 'n' after '%(driver)' in the msgstr is not a valid
conversion specifier.
So it reports a syntax error.
I have to remove those translations with such "errors".

I think, we need to remind our developers to add a clear conversion
specifier after each expression,
like '%(driver)s'.

But anyway, I think, I can speed up the uploading now after I resolve this
issue.

Regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)