Re: documentation of flags, introducing of a naming convention for flags

I have counted 160 configuration parameters in Nova, and only about 15
are documented. This is clearly one of the areas of improvement in the
project.

I have been fighting with Nova Bexar in not-so-standard configurations
and deployments and believe me, I would appreciate more information
about what they do.

Something that took me a lot of time to figure out was what are
'common' flags for all the components in nova, and what are 'specific'
flags for each component. If you are setting up an environment with
specialized nodes
(compute,network,volume,api,objectstore,scheduler...) this is a must
if you want to have more than a couple of servers running Nova.

Diego
-
Diego Parrilla
nubeblog.com | nubeblog@xxxxxxxxxxxx | twitter.com/nubeblog