Re: Memory quota in nova-compute nodes.

Hum, I'm just studying and understanding the ccgroups to try this with
libvirt and kvm (all nodes are linux here).

My case is a test that can be very useful for us. We have about 150
computers spread over the LAN. These computers are desktops and notebook
underutilized. So, our test scenario is not an isolated datacenter, what I
think is the ideal scenario for private clouds.

We need to run some simulations that requires, most of the time, a lot of
processor nodes with not so much memory (for example, to run Hadoop). Once
the computers have 8 GB or 16 GB and are used to run office applications,
they are idle. We think to attach them to the cloud (a controller of a
private cloud) and use these idle resources. But, we want to ensure
nova-compute not interfere in computers' usability (in this case we can
define what is considered usability, like 2 cores and 4 GB of memory).
These idle resources over the LAN can be VERY useful, and are cheap (they
have already been purchased)!

And, we have a laboratory with 20 good hosts that is used along some
periods of time. At the lab we can use all the hosts resources when it
isn't being used.

This is our test scenario.

Regards.

:)