Re: Swift Consistency Guarantees?

You would need to have the following occur, to make your scenario plausible:

* you write the object, which places it on a majority of the replica nodes
(i.e. 2 out of 3)
* replication is slowly churning away, but doesn't quite catch up
* both the nodes that have the updated data fail simultaneously, before
replication catches up the remaining node.

Swift chooses the A & P from CAP. if the swift proxy where to wait till all
replicas got updated before it returned a reply, it would be choosing the C
but probably dropping both the P and maybe the A (depending on how it would
handle a failure).

So yes.. you are hitting CAP on the head...