Re: Gerrit minimum review time frame

> there have been occasions where it's frustrated me that something I
> objected to got merged without my seeing it or while I was trying to
> comment.

I've heard of this several times in the past as well - some merge prop is mid-review, and then it merges.  Is there an easy mechanism to flag a review as in progress?  Maybe this can go stale after a couple of hours?  I think this could be accomplished with policy and the technology we have now.  If you are starting a review, give it a -1 right away with a quick comment "Review in progress."  Core members can ignore this after 2 hours have passed if there is no subsequent review.  The -1 can be changed to whatever the right score is when you finish your actual review.

I don't really know if we need an official policy around that, but maybe it's just a best practice when reviewing something you suspect you have strong feelings about.

Gabe