Re: Duplication of code in nova and cinder

Related to this, how do we in the future stop such code-copying from happening in the first place?

Is it just that there needs to be a place for this (oslo?) that can be updated more quickly, or something similar?

I'm always sorta 'weirded out' when people say that they copied some code in the name of 'it was quicker' or we are just 'borrowing it'.

From: John Griffith <john.griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:john.griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:36 PM
To: Sam Morrison <sorrison@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:sorrison@xxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Duplication of code in nova and cinder

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Sam Morrison <sorrison@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:sorrison@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I attempted to create a volume from an image in cinder and was getting this strange error, turns out it was because I had my glance servers specified as https://glanceserver:9292

In cinder the version of images/glance.py is older than the one in nova and is missing the ssl support additions.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1089147

My real question is why is there one version is nova and one version in cinder. I also think there is quite a bit more unnecessary duplication.
Should it all go into oslo?

Cheers,
Sam