Re: Allocating dynamic IP to the VMs

As per http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-network/admin/content/demo_logical_network_config.html but slightly modified as per CLI help,

quantum net-create ext_net --tenant-id $TENANT_ID --router:external=True
quantum subnet-create --ip_version 4 --allocation-pool start=192.168.2.151,end=192.168.2.240 \
 --gateway 192.168.2.253 <id_of_ext_net> 192.168.2.0/24 -- --enable_dhcp=False

It will create ext_net subnet with preallocated IP range. For each VM, allocate floating IP from this pool and then associate it with the internal port.

Hope it can helps,
-Sylvain