openstore-team team mailing list archive

Re: Submission for openstore

Hi Michael,

> I had a look at the app. The code looks fine. No objections to
> publish this in the OpenStore.

Great :)

> There is however one issue with it. I'd need you to set up the
> project in a way that it builds a .click package. We can't
> distribute random files through OpenStore, it still needs to be
> packaged up for click. Ideally in a way that it can be build with the
> Ubuntu SDK. However, that's not a hard requirement. As long as you
> provide the manifest.json, apparmor profile and some rough
> descriptions how to get a .click from it we're ok.

I've added now a manifest and a apparmor profile to the directory, and
then run
$ click build UpstartUserSession

Is that all? Don't know how to test, if this is a valid pkg. At least I
could install it via *pkcon install_local*, which doesn't seem to create
the desktop-file in ~/.local/share/applications. But when I create the
desktop file manually the app works.

Is there a way to "simulate" an install thru openstore?

However, here are the new files
http://radamanthys.de/public/ubuntutouch/UpstartUserSession.tar.gz
http://radamanthys.de/public/ubuntutouch/upstartusersession.chahn_0.1_armhf.click

> FWIW, in the .desktop file you don't need to generate the absolute
> path. Having things relative to the package root is just fine.

Ah, ok, I always looked in the files in ~/.local/share/applications. I
realize know that they differ from the files in the click pkgs.

> Ideally in a way that it can be build with the Ubuntu SDK. Check out
> the "QML app with C++ plugin (qmake)" template in the Ubuntu SDK.

Ja, let make it ideally.
I will make it buildable by the SDK, and put the project on launchpad.
But I have to figure this out first.

I'm new to this stuff (qt, bzr, ubuntu, smartphones :) ). The other day
I suddently couldn't run any project from the SDK on my phone anymore.
Now I know, it was just because I got an update for the SDK two days
before the OTA, so the new framework was missing on the device. But that
let me think that should learn to programm first, bevor trying to
understand the IDE. So now I'm "developing" directly on the device with
my prefered screen-vim-bash, making progress. The problem is,
it's so much better than I never cared to switch back to the SDK. (ehm,
with Ubuntu SDK you mean the qtCreator on x86, dont't you)

> random files

pff, you just don't see the beauty in this tar-file :)
No, I hope it's just missing the correct project files.

Greetings

Christian