openstore-team team mailing list archive

Re: Submission for openstore

Hi Christian,

On 04.05.2016 23:45, Christian Hahn wrote:
> Hi Michael,

[..]
>> There is however one issue with it. I'd need you to set up the
>> project in a way that it builds a .click package. We can't
>> distribute random files through OpenStore, it still needs to be
>> packaged up for click. Ideally in a way that it can be build with the
>> Ubuntu SDK. However, that's not a hard requirement. As long as you
>> provide the manifest.json, apparmor profile and some rough
>> descriptions how to get a .click from it we're ok.
>
> I've added now a manifest and a apparmor profile to the directory, and
> then run
> $ click build UpstartUserSession
>
> Is that all? Don't know how to test, if this is a valid pkg. At least I
> could install it via *pkcon install_local*, which doesn't seem to create
> the desktop-file in ~/.local/share/applications. But when I create the
> desktop file manually the app works.

Hmm, that worked fine for me... It really should create that file for
you too.

> Is there a way to "simulate" an install thru openstore?

OpenStore really just calls pkcon install-local on the package file. So
you're on the right path here.

> However, here are the new files
> http://radamanthys.de/public/ubuntutouch/UpstartUserSession.tar.gz
> http://radamanthys.de/public/ubuntutouch/upstartusersession.chahn_0.1_armhf.click

Thanks! Builds and installs fine. Package is now published. Want me to
add a description for it? I'd move the current description up to the
tagline (subtitle) and add the longer description where the short one is
now.

>> FWIW, in the .desktop file you don't need to generate the absolute
>> path. Having things relative to the package root is just fine.
>
> Ah, ok, I always looked in the files in ~/.local/share/applications. I
> realize know that they differ from the files in the click pkgs.
>

>> Ideally in a way that it can be build with the Ubuntu SDK. Check out
>> the "QML app with C++ plugin (qmake)" template in the Ubuntu SDK.
>
> Ja, let make it ideally.
> I will make it buildable by the SDK, and put the project on launchpad.
> But I have to figure this out first.
>
> I'm new to this stuff (qt, bzr, ubuntu, smartphones :) ). The other day
> I suddently couldn't run any project from the SDK on my phone anymore.
> Now I know, it was just because I got an update for the SDK two days
> before the OTA, so the new framework was missing on the device. But that
> let me think that should learn to programm first, bevor trying to
> understand the IDE. So now I'm "developing" directly on the device with
> my prefered screen-vim-bash, making progress. The problem is,
> it's so much better than I never cared to switch back to the SDK. (ehm,
> with Ubuntu SDK you mean the qtCreator on x86, dont't you)

Yes, that's what I mean. The SDK still has its quirks but once you get
around it, it'll ease up things quite a lot.

>> random files
>
> pff, you just don't see the beauty in this tar-file :)
> No, I hope it's just missing the correct project files.

:)

Cheers,
Michael